Monday, February 17, 2014

Flashback (Jorge)

Hi there everyone!
I'm Jorge B. Canchola, bassist and songwriter (and orchestrations as well). I'm currently playing in symphonic progressive metal band Luziard, from Mexico, but I'll do a little flashback of how I became part of this project.

A couple of weeks before my birthday in May 2013 (how can I forget it? :D), I was searching for some Pathfinder covers in YouTube (one of my favorite bands), and that's the way I saw Dani's Fifth Element vocal audition. I said "This guy is fucking insane!"... I saw Sons of Immortal Fire guitar cover by Angel as well. I commented Angel's video "good job!", he later answered me on Facebook and asked me to join a symphonic power metal project online. I said "amazing idea! of course I wanna be part of it! but how would it work in online?", it was something completely new to me. He later showed me Kakhi - guitarist, songwriter and leader, as well as he showed me Dani's Fifth Element video saying "he is our singer ;)". I just couldn't believe it, the same video I saw just days before, a project filled with amazing musicians :O
So then Kakhi showed me the first song from Harmonium I heard called Warrior's Revenge, unfinished at that moment. I also had two unfinished songs that I showed to the band and they liked them. Those songs later became Battlestorm and Elfhaven Forest.
As a fan of bands like Pathfinder, Nightwish and Epica, I've always wanted to play in a metal band with orchestrations like that, so this was my chance to say "Let's take symphonic metal to another level!".
Kakhi and I co-wrote all songs from the album (with Angel's help in Elfhaven Forest and Warrior's Revenge), a total of 5 songs and some orchestral pieces (written only by Kakhi). The album is called Symphony of Steel which fits perfectly with the concept of orchestral music and metal sub-genres (mostly power metal, progressive and folk influences).
If I could play live with Harmonium, it would be something like a dream come true. It's my favorite metal sub-genres all together filled with orchestrations and wide variety of vocals :') Let's see what happens after the release of our first album and stay tuned, thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment